WeChat users send 38 billion messages per dayhasnan November 10, 2017 0 chat apps , China , data series , messaging apps , Mobile , News , Social Media , Tencent , WeChat , WhatsApp
The chatty users of WeChat have just set a new record, sending 38 billion messages per day. That’s 25 percent more than last year.
Here’s how that compares to WhatsApp:
Tencent, maker of WeChat, also revealed a few more stats today in its 2017 WeChat Data Report:
- 6.1 billion voice messages sent each day
- 205 million video and voice calls daily
- 50 million “seniors” – age 55-70 – are active users
- 3.5 million active “official accounts,” used by brands, media outlets, bloggers, and celebrities
- 797 million users actively browse through content from official accounts
Never miss a story.
Sign up for an account and get the latest & best stories in your inbox, every day.
Editing by Judith Balea
(And yes, we’re serious about ethics and transparency. More information here.)
Steven’s interested in ecommerce, mobile, smartphone adoption, gadgets, social media, transportation, and cars. If you have any tips or feedback, contact him on Twitter: @sirsteven
source : techinasia