Proxmox Mail Gateway GmbH released an advance version 5.1 and has new features, bug fixes, GUI improvements and new Transport Layer Security policy.
Proxmox Server Solutions GmbH released an open-source email security platform with advance version 5.1. This Mail Gateway is based on Debian Stretch 9.5 with a 4.15 kernel and is a complete operating system. Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.1 comes with enhanced features- anti-spam and anti-virus filtering solution which works as a full featured mail proxy deployed between the internal mail server and the firewall. With the advance feature 5.1 version of the Mail Gateway shields the organizations against spam, viruses, Trojans and phishing emails.
Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.1 comes with some new features, bug fixes and GUI improvements:
- Certificate-based authentication and encrypted sessions is provided by the new Transport Layer Security (TLS) policy. By this feature the user can set a different TLS policy according to the destination domain if they want to prevent the e-mail delivery without encryption or to work around a broken STARTTLS ESMTP implementation
- TLS policy can also be configured by using GUI and TLS is also possible on internal SMTP port/traffic.
- The new updated user management allows a new help desk role enabling help desk staff to examine the quarantine.
- The 5.1 version of Poxmox Mail Gateway supports SMTPUTF8 and this can fix the problem of some undelivered Google mails.
- Smarthost port can be edited and showed
- Some keyboard shortcuts ( for ‘Whitelist’, ‘Blacklist’, and ‘Delete’), are added by Proxmox developers to improve the “Spam Quarantine” on the web-based user interface, this allows the contextual menus with right click and enables multi selection of emails.
- Proxmox Mail Gateway 5.1. Has optimized graphs and reports in the GUI
Proxmox Mail Gateway is launched under the GNU Affero GPL, v3. You can avail it as a bare-metal ISO install with an installation wizard that automatically installs and configures all necessary components on the host eliminating manual installation configuration.
Proxmox offers a subscription-based support model with access to the stable enterprise repository and to technical support. Starting subscription price is EUR 99 per host and year for unlimited users. One subscription provides access to the enterprise package repository where you can get regular updates via the web-based user interface, and is suggested for production use.
Proxmox Mail Gateway 4.x user can backup/restore the rule database and email statistics from 4 to 5.1. Inplace-upgrade from Proxmox Mail Gateway 4 to 5.1 is not possible.